Monday, August 7, 2017

Heavenly Father's Plan

I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for each and every one of us. I know that throughout His plan for us, He places different people in our paths to help us through this plan. This past week, I was able to reflect on all of the love that Heavenly Father has for me, and all of the people he has placed in my path along the way. I have made many great friends while being out on my mission and as I am in a new area, that is only 20 minutes from my last area, I have been able to see the wonderful friends/ family I have made throughout different points of time. Last Thursday, I went to Bishop Storehouse, and was able to see some of the members from Pace. As I talked with them, they gave me some warm welcomes. I was able to see that Heavenly Father does watch out for me. I was also able to see some of the lives I had touched as I followed Heavenly Father's plan. But I know that it isn't about how many lives I touch because really, it is how many lives Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ touched as they used me as an instrument in their hands. I am so grateful for this gospel and for the peace and comfort Heavenly Father gives me. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to be here in the Florida Tallahassee mission. I am also grateful for the kindness that the people have shown me here.

This week I asked, "Who is the one that has their hand in our lives daily?". and I thought about something I was told before my mission by an amazing missionary. He told me, as He pointed upwards, that it is Because of Him that we are who we are. Then I came upon this answer: The answer is our loving Heavenly Father. He is the source of all miracles. He is the source of light in times of darkness. He is the one who helps us to stay strong. When asked, "Why are you so awesome? or how do you do it?" Realize that it is because of Heavenly Father and His Son Jesus Christ. Because of His Atoning Sacrifice in the Garden of Eden, and on the cross; we can be forgiven, we can be healed, we can be comforted, and most importantly, we can be loved. 
It is because of Him, that we can do all things. It is because of Him that we can have strength.
" And I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backss, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand as witnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions"(Mosiah 24:14). It is because of our Heavenly Father's plan for us that we can have our burdens lightened, that we can have strength in all things.

I love you all so much!!
Love,
Sister Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment