Monday, August 28, 2017

A Picture is worth a Thousand Words

Hi Yall!!
I just wanted to say thank you to those who have written me. I really appreciate it! I am so thankful for all of the love and support that yall have given me! I hope you have an awesome week!

So this week, we had more appointments either cancel on us, or we had to reschedule them because we didn't have any ward members available to drive us. Being in this area has helped me to decide that when I get off my mission, I want to be a good member missionary, and help the missionaries out as much as possible.

On wednesday, we went to young womens with a recent convert, and a less active. They had a game night and sister renfro and I were able to participate. We definitely made a fool out of ourselves, but that is ok. 😁 

Thursday, we woke up and decided that we would start looking for service. So we texted and called a few of the members. We were able to go to a less active member's house and rake the front yard and sweep her driveway off. We also shared a message with her as well. 

It had been a hard week last week, and so this week, I was not as cheerful as usual. And i prayed to find out what I could do to change. Well Heavenly Father gave me the answer of finding ways to serve those around me. So i talked to my companion, and we called a few members to do service for them. Although, many said they were okay, we had 1-2 that agreed to let us serve them.

To end the week, on Friday, we had a member call us to see if we wanted to go to KFC for dinner with them. KFC had these $5 meal deals. It was so much fun, because it reminded me of when my family would go on roadtrips, and occasionally stop at KFC for dinner. 

Saturday, we were able to wash someone's floor, by using scrubbing brushes, and being on our hands and knees. We also had dinner at the Bishop's house, where we were able to eat teriyaki chicken and rice. The best part about this dinner, was that the bishop had taken some pain medication for some kidney stones before we came over, and so he sat on the couch and would talk to us for a second, and then pass out, then talk, then sleep. It was so funny to watch!

Enos 1:26-27 "... I must preach and prophesy unto this people, and declare the word according to the truth which is in Christ. And I have declared it in all my days and, have rejoiced in it above that of the world." I know that as I testify and teach the gospel as much as possible, the Lord will provide more people, and He will help us to be joyful, and to find strength through trials.


Love Yall!
Sister Lewis



Inline image 2
I went from Relief Society to Elder's Quorum

Inline image 1

No comments:

Post a Comment