Monday, July 31, 2017

07/31/2017

This week has been super crazy! I tried Cincinnati spaghetti and eggplant for the first time this week. It was alright.

One of the stories from this week is we went to visit a referral who had ordered a bible. Her name is tonya. She invited us in straightaway and we talked with her for a little bit. We gave her a bible, and then asked if her kids would like one as well. She said yes. We then introduced the Book of Mormon to her as we got to know her a little bit, and taught her the beginning of the Restoration. It was exactly what she needed as she was going through some trials. I was able to tell her the story of Nephi and the trials he went through with his family, and related it to her. The spirit was so strong as Sister Renfro and I felt the need to testify to her, and help her relate to the stories in the Book of Mormon. In the end, we were able to get a return appointment, and say a prayer with her.

Today, we went to the beach with a member and her daughter. It was so much fun! we built sand castles, and played in the sand!!

One of the scriptures I encourage yall to read is John 14. It is a good chapter about the comfort this gospel brings. I know that it has helped me in my times of need.

I love you all!
-Sister Lewis

P.S. We went to Veteran's memorial park to take this homeless lady a bag of food and a book of Mormon with a member. Our mission president had contacted her while he was in Pensacola before our zone conference.













No comments:

Post a Comment