Monday, August 14, 2017

Pensacola brings Miracolas

Hi yall!!

So i have found that some weeks my email will be short, sometimes it will be long. But if you ever want to email me personally, I most likely will get back to you.

This past wednesday, we biked all over town, looking for some former investigators, and less actives. You see, since we are in a car share, we bike monday through wednesday, and have a car thursday through saturday. I really enjoy it, because it is keeping me in shape.

We have been able to find many potential investigators, as we bike and walk and talk to everyone. I am working on being super courageous so that I am able to talk to as many people as possible, and be able to testify to them on the spot. However, I am really good at giving them a Book of Mormon, and teaching them about how it works with the bible. 

Yesterday, us 2 sisters, and the elders that we share a car with, decided to do a fast for miracles, not just for the work, but for the ability to work with the members and to love those around us. As we did this fast yesterday, two members emphasized missionary work in their talk, and even encouraged people to sign up to feed us. while in relief society, they even talked more about missionary work. We had more people offer to come out with us for lessons than we have had in a while. We even had one member, who called us yesterday when it was pouring rain, and said she would be available to drive us to an appointment with someone. I was so grateful for her, because we would have had to walk or bike in the pouring rain, and been drenched by the time we got to our appointment. 

Because of this, I have a testimony, that fasting truly does bring miracles and blessings, no matter if we recognize it or not.

I love you all so much, and I look forward to hearing from you!
Sister Lewis



this picture is of a kid in the ward wearing a future missionary tag.

another picture is of the stuff that a member gave me. She used coupons, which is the best thing ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment