Monday, July 10, 2017

Double Trouble here we come!!!

Hi yall!!!


So transfer calls came!! I am getting transferred to Pensacola which is 20 minutes away from Pace, and I am getting Sister Renfro from the MTC as my companion!!!!!!!!!! It will be so much fun!!! I am so excited!!!


Monday: I went a little crazy and made no bake cookies, cheesecake strawberries, fruit dip, toffee, and corn on the cob.

Tuesday: I brought all the goodies I made Monday to district meeting for our 4th of July Potluck. We went to a member's house  for dinner and a 4th of July party. The whole ward was practically there. It was so much fun. We then went to an investigator's house to watch fireworks, and spend a little time with her.

Wednesday: We decided to call some of our former investigators in our area book that didn't have any address on their teaching record.  We then proceeded to our lunch time. As it was nearing the end of our 30 minutes, we received a call from a random number that we didn't know. When we answered, it was one of the former investigators we had called. She remembered an Elder that had taught her years ago and the Elders who had helped her when she was in need. She began to go on saying that she wanted to sponsor missionaries from the Mormon church, and if missionaries ever needed a place to stay, her home had room for 4 missionaries and they could stay there for free. She also mentioned how the Mormon beliefs fit what she believes more than the church she attends. She asked us when we first called, what was our intentions or purpose, so we explained our missionary purpose and asked if she would be interested, she was so excited and picked the day and time for us to come and gave us her address! It was so cool!

Saturday: We were playing volleyball with some of the members and the elders from Milton, and one of the elders spiked the volleyball over the net, smack into my face. He felt so bad. It was the funniest thing though, because it didn't even hurt. The other thing was, I had been prompted to wear contacts that day instead of my glasses, and to think that if I had worn my glasses, they probably would have been broken.

Sunday: I got told by a member that I have a really pretty voice and if me and my companion and the other missionaries in the area did a musical number, I would be the one carrying them along.😂 I don't think I am that good but I will take the compliment. haha.  

Love you all!
Love,
Sister Lewis

P.S. Read Moses chapter 6


4th of July







No comments:

Post a Comment