Monday, July 24, 2017

Singing in the rain

Hi yall!!!

Monday: We went to dinner at a member's house, and while we were eating dinner, the member told us about the days when he was a motorcycle policeman. He would say, "And another time..... He was right there( pointing to a space in the distance)!and I got 'em! And another time..."  It was the funniest stories i ever heard.

Tuesday: We went from district meeting, to volunteering at the Ronald Mcdonald house, to ARP, to Institute. It was a pretty packed day. While at Institute, I was able to see a few members from Pace, and talk with them for a little bit. It was a super fun day. In between these things, we were biking back to our apartment, and saw 2 guys trimming the bushes and blowing the leaves in front of our apartment, so we went and talked to them. The first guy spoke a little bit of english, but the 2nd guy spoke no english at all, only spanish. So what does my companion do? She starts speaking what little spanish she knows to the guy. It was so funny, because the guy didn't  understand very much. We gave him a pass along card. Then an hour later, we received a call from him, and then decided that we would refer him to the Spanish Elders to translate.

Wednesday: We went to dinner with a member. They took us and the elders to a hospital cafeteria for dinner. On the way, Sister Renfro and I were riding with the member, and I look over at Sister Renfro, and she is freaking out, brushing something off her leg. She then unbuckles her seat belt, and jumps to the middle seat, throwing my bag to the other side of the car. She puts her arm around me and starts to hyperventilate, and then squeezes my hand really hard. When I asked her what's wrong. She says, "Sorry, Sorry, there was a cockroach up my skirt." Then the members we were with started talking about cockroaches and how you can just flick them off of you and squish them. Then, they started talking about honey bees and killing honeybees. Mean while, Sister Renfro is still freaking out and on the verge of crying. It was so funny because the members didn't ask if we were okay or anything. They just kept talking. Then we got to the hospital and ate dinner with the members, and the Pensacola Elders. Only, the hospital food wasn't the greatest, and so we all tried to eat it, but i don't think any of us finished it. After dinner, the members were driving sister renfro and I home, and stopped at wendy's and bought us 5 small frosty's to take home and eat. Man it was such a crazy day!

Thursday: So i got asked to sing in zone conference, and i managed to rope in my companion so that I didn't have to sing alone. the only thing was, we could not find the sheet music for the song they wanted us to sing, and we didn't know the tune, so we ended up singing a rendition of "I am a Child of God", while an Elder played the guitar for us.  It went quite well. Then, we also had to teach for 20 minutes, and so we used a bunch of different scriptures, and conference talks to teach. It was a good zone conference.

Saturday: We had received 10 pounds of skittles, so we decided to decorate the inside of the car with skittles for the elders, since they were coming to pick up the car later that evening. It was so funny to watch them have to pull all of the skittles off of the steering wheel.

Sunday: We walked into the building 5 minutes before sacrament started, and a member of the bishopric approaches me, and asks if I could speak for 8-10 minutes, because one of the speakers cancelled. So what did I do? I scrambled to come up with a talk to give during the little time that I had. I ended up sharing some experiences from my mission, as well as my testimony which is always the best thing to do. It turned out really well, especially because I had the companionship of the Holy Ghost.

Hope yall have a great week! Love you all!

Love, Sister Lewis




No comments:

Post a Comment