Saturday, March 4, 2017

Week 3 Accomplished!!! (my last week at the Missionary Training Center)

Week 3

Hey yall!!!

This week went by so fast!! i leave this coming Tuesday for Florida. so anything that you want to send to me in the snail mail now has to be sent to the mission home until i get my official new address. 

Last Sunday i got called to be a sister training leader at the zone level. This means that if any of the sister missionaries have concerns that are in my zone, they come to me and my companion. it also means that we lead zone prayer and make assignments for lessons on Sunday

Yesterday we had in field orientation where we learned alot about how to find people to teach. one of the quotes i liked from the presentation was " Success is a blessing from the Lord". Another quote was from Elder Oaks, " Spiritual experiences start with desire". if we want to be able to have those experiences, where we can feel the guidance of the Holy Ghost, we need to make the effort. It starts with daily prayer(morning and night) and having that open communication with our Heavenly Father. Then it continues with reading the Book of Mormon daily (you can take it a few chapters or verses at a time). I know that as we do these things we can be blessed. Also, if you would like a copy of the Book of Mormon and you don't have one, go to Mormon.org. 

infield orientation was so much fun! i learned a lot yesterday on how to be a good missionary. 


Another experience i had this week was teaching an investigator named Leila, from Hawaii, this week. Her husband had passed away 2 years ago and she has 5 kids. We were teaching her the Plan of Salvation (Families are eternal and we can return to Heavenly Father's presence again) and i could feel the Spirit so strong in the room. I could tell that the Spirit was testifying of the truth of the things we were teaching to Leila.In the middle of the lesson, Sister Palmer (my companion) asked me for my Ipad. She pulled up a video about the Iron Rod from 1 Nephi Chapter 8 in the Book of Mormon and we showed it to Leila. The funny thing is, before heading to teach Leila, I wasn't going to take my Ipad . However, i had a prompting from the Spirit that i needed to take it. As we showed the video to Leila, i could see the Spirit softening her heart. As we were teaching, i had no idea that i had been pondering a question. but as i was teaching i heard the Spirit tell me, " This is why you are on a mission and not at BYU Idaho with your friends. you are meant to be here. I need you to testify of my truth. You have the light of Christ, and there are people who need you to show them how to get it." I knew at that moment that Leila could feel Heavenly Father's love for her. 

I know that Heavenly Father loves each and every one of you. He is waiting for you to greet Him with open arms. I also know that He has a plan for each one of us no matter what we are going through or struggling with, if we pray to Him and ask Him for help as well as study our scriptures, we can be blessed.

This past week on Tuesday, we had an MTC devotional. I sang in the MTC choir again this past week and had the opportunity to sing the hymn "Hope of Israel" for Brent H. Nielson of the Seventy. I love that song and encourage you all to listen to it!! 

In 3 Nephi 18:20-21 (Book of Mormon) it talks about how we should pray in our families. I invite you all to read this scripture as a family and then do as it says and say a family prayer. As you do that, i know that your family will be strengthened.


Love you all,
Sister Lewis



No comments:

Post a Comment