Monday, March 20, 2017

Week 2 in the field..for there were many beasts among us.

Hey yall!!

So last night i woke up in the middle of the night to find that there was a cockroach(beast) in my bathroom. I went to my companion's bathroom and found a cockroach there as well. Therefore my companion and i have decided that there are many beasts among us.


So this past Wednesday, we went to our investigator, Betty's house for lunch. She made us tuna fish sandwiches, and a strawberry cake. and for those of you who know me well, know that i strongly dislike tuna, onions, relish and celery. Well these were all of the ingredients in the sandwich. i decided that i could handle the tuna, but i couldn't handle the relish or onions. So i started to pick those out only Betty noticed. I didn't want to offend her so when she asked me if i don't like onions i was like no not really and then i had to stop picking out the stuff out of the sandwich and instead had to eat the sandwich.... It wasn't too bad but lets just say, it wasn't my favorite.

This past Friday, the bishop's son got baptized. Sister Fox and i invited our 3 investigators to go. It was so cool because all of our investigators came and then we also had our 2 recent converts come, and we even met a potential investigator there. It was truly a spiritual experience, and i could tell that our 3 investigators could feel it too.

A funny story for your week: so we live an apartment that used to have elders living in it. therefore, it smells really bad and was not the cleanest. Alot of the previous missionaries left stuff behind. One of the previous elders had cut down 2 trees and carved them so that he could do power lifting. well he left those 2 trees in our garage. So one day, sister fox and i decided that we would try and see if we could lift the trees at all. we could lift one tree, but we were unable to lift the other. It was funny because here you see 2 sister missionaries attempting to power lift this massive tree and then the mailman was putting our mail in the mailbox and was watching us and laughing at us because we looked really silly. haha.


So last Thursday, i was asked to give my testimony and introduce myself in sacrament on Sunday. Well i thought that would be easy, until i pulled into the parking lot of the church on Sunday and got a text from the bishop, saying that one of the speakers had cancelled. He asked me if i would be willing to talk longer. I of course told him yes. However, little did he know that i was not prepared at all. As my companion and i walked into ward council, i frantically searched Preach My Gospel and the book of Mormon for things to share. I guess i should watch what i pray for because i had prayed that the bishop would ask me to speak in church so that i could introduce myself to the members. Lo and behold, i spoke in church. As i got up to walk to the podium, i was so shaky and nervous. As i started to speak, the scripture Moses 6:32 came to my mind. "Open thy mouth, and it shall be filled, and i will give thee utterance..." I could feel the Holly Ghost filling my mouth with words as i opened my mouth to speak. I know that the Holy Ghost is such a comfort to me. What made my talk even more better, is that we had so many of our less actives show up. That was something else i had prayed for, is that some of our less actives would feel the love of our Heavenly Father, and would come to church on Sunday. My prayers were answered! we had 4 less active families show up. It is such a blessing because Sister Fox and i have been having a hard time finding the less actives and/or visiting with them. As i gave my talk, it got super quiet and i knew that Heavenly Father was watching over me, and the Spirit was helping to keep all of the kids quiet while i spoke. I know that the power of prayer is so true and that Heavenly Father is always listening.

" Do ye not remember the things which the Lord hat said?-- If ye will not harden your hearts, and ask me in faith, believing that ye shall receive, with diligence in keeping my commandments, surely these things shall be made known unto you." - 1 Nephi 15:11



I encourage you all to read 1 Nephi 15:13-15, 20. These are the latter days and we do have the fullness of the gospel now on this earth!!!


Love you all!!

Sister Lewis



No comments:

Post a Comment