Monday, October 23, 2017

Flying Squirrels!

Hello Yall!

This week we have seen so many miracles! It has been amazing. We have also been committing many people to be baptized within the first lesson.This transfer, I am seeing that I have let Heavenly Father take over for the majority of it. I am more willing to walk up to people and talk to them, I hardly ever feel fear when I see someone. In fact, I have made so many U-turns this week just to go talk to someone that I passed. Even though some of them choose not to hear God's message, I still think about it as " I just planted a gospel seed in them. One Latter Day Saint contact down, who knows how many more they have to go before they soften their hearts to the gospel." One cool experience: Late Saturday afternoon, we biked to this Lady's house,Vivian. We were going to remind her about church the following day. Well when we got there, she didn't answer. So then we walked out of her yard towards our bikes, and saw this lady, Pamela, getting ready to ride her bike. So we started talking to her, and she asked us if we had seen a guy bike past. We said no, and she started to bike away, so we quickly gave her a pass along card. Next thing we know, the guy Pamela was looking for, bikes into this trailer park we are in. We started to talk to him, then comes Pamela biking after him, and yelling at him. They both went behind the tall fence to their trailer, and started arguing. then the guy, Tucker, biked away. Pamela came out and was bringing her bike inside, so we started to talk with her and share a message with her, but she said, "Maybe later, can yall just pray for me? Pamela and Tucker." then she went inside her trailer. Then Tucker came back and jumped off his bike, and walked behind the gate, and slammed the gate.Well as we were standing there, a squirrel fell out of a tree right next to the guy's bike. It was so unexpected. so we just sat there gawking at it. Then this guy starts walking towards us with a shirt that said Jesus on it. I told Sister Leavitt, this must be a sign, I think he needs to hear the gospel. So I said, "I like your shirt!"and then I began to ask him what his name was. He saw our tag and we were able to teach him the Restoration, and invite him to church. As we were talking with him, he told us how he had many family problems, and that he knew that God had inspired him to wear the shirt so that we would talk to him. He was so excited to come to church. then on Sunday, he came! It was so exciting! He said he had questions, and so we set up a time to meet with him this wednesday. His name is Brian and he is so prepared!

On Saturday, we went to visit this referral that was given to the missionaries in 2016, but never recieved his bible. His name is Oscar. We took a member with us, and we taught him the Restoration, then at the end, I felt that I should ask him to be baptized. He said yes. Right now he will be getting baptized on December 2nd!!!   He is so prepared! He has been looking for "the right church". I am so excited to teach him!!! 

I hope yall have an amazing week! I love you all so much! I know that as yall exercise more faith than fear, Heavenly Father will perform miracles.
Love,
Sister Lewis❤🐬


No comments:

Post a Comment