Monday, May 1, 2017

April Showers Bring May Flowers


May 1 2017
Hi yall!!

" But with some I  am not well pleased, for they will not open their mouths, but they hide the talent which I have given unto them, because of the fear of man. Wo unto such, for mine anger is kindled against them. And it shall come to pass, if they are not more faithful unto me, it shall be taken away, even that which they have. And in this place let them lift up their voice and declare my word with loud voices, without wrath or doubting, lifting up holy hands upon them. For I am able to make you holy, and your sins are forgiven you. And let the residue take their journey from St. Louis two by tow, and preach the word, not in haste, among the congregations of the wicked, until they return to the churches from whence they came."
-D&C 60: 2-3; 7-8

My invitation to you this week is to talk to as many people this week as possible about the gospel. Invite them to church or maybe just share a scripture with them. As you do this, you will be blessed!!

While on my mission I have been able to share my talent of piano playing(to my best ability). I didn't think I would ever play the piano on my mission, but I play every so often in district meetings as well as I play for an elderly lady that we visit. I will also start playing at a rest home as a weekly service opportunity my companion and I are doing.

My favorite moment has been this past week. My mom gave me the idea to decorate this family's door with tissue paper flowers. and leave a scripture for them to read. (They have a 2 month old son who is on a trach and just got out of the hospital last week.) My companion and I went this past Thursday and decorated their door as well as another Sister's door who was struggling with Faith. And we left a card, a bag of popcorn, and a bible video of Jesus Christ. We left it anonymously.... So on sunday when we were in relief society, both of the sisters brought it up that they had no idea who did it but they were so grateful. The one struggling with her faith said she came home from a rough day at work and seeing her door decorated made her day brighter. The Sister with the 2 month old baby said that they had come home from a Doctor appointment where they had to walk out because no one would see their baby, and they found their door decorated. The sister said that it had made her day to see that after having a struggle with her baby. It was so cool to see that the Lord had inspired my companion and I to wait until Thursday to decorate these doors when it would be a hard day for the both of them.

This past Friday, My companion and I had to train our zone on talking to everyone. We used Elder Rasband's talk from this past general  conference about "Be a First Responder". It was so fun to teach on. Everyone said we did really good.

So while at zone conference, we played this game called Stinger. It's where if you draw an ace card you are the stinger. There are 2 stingers. So after everybody looks at their card and puts it back in the pile, you go around and shake everyone's hand. If you are the stinger, you tap their wrist with your index finger, and they are supposed to fall down. Then in order to end the game, 2 people have to nominate you as the stinger if they guess right, you die. Well the last round, I was one of the stingers, and so I just walked around and started stinging people. The other sister who was a stinger got caught. and so I just slowly walked around shaking hands with people and stinging them. Nobody guessed it was me until the last second. Mwahahahahaha. So I won the last game and nobody was able to figure it out even though the other stinger only took down 2 people and I took down 3/4 of the group. Everyone was quite impressed. they didn't expect that from me. hahaha.


Love yall!!! Have a great week!!

Love,
Sister Lewis

P.S. The pictures are of the door I decorated, and a sign a member had in their kitchen.
p.p.s ………Please send me some hand written letters of your favorite scripture or conference quote so I have something to read during the week. Also, write me about some of your own missionary moments!

Email me for my address.


Sister Lewis








No comments:

Post a Comment