Monday, June 5, 2017

Transfer 3 in Pace

Hello,
(wow that sounds formal haha.)

So apparently i am really good at teaching, because i keep getting asked to teach in district meetings. That or play the piano for it haha. Last Tuesday i taught on how to use the scriptures while teaching people. In preparation for my lesson, i went through my journal that has notes from devotionals and Conferences. I was able to use some quotes from BYUI devotionals that i had been too. As well as some things from Preach My Gospel on page 180. It was alot of fun and i enjoyed teaching on this topic.

At district meeting, we signed everyone's journals because Sister Fast, Sister Cook, Sister Anderson, and Sister Fox left our district. Here in the mission field everyone has what is called an exit journal where other missionaries sign your journal when you leave a zone or when you leave a district. I think it is pretty cool. I had to try and figure out what journal to use as my exit journal, because i have found that i like to have seperate journals for seperate things. I have  one right now as my daily journal, one as my note taking journal for devotionals and conferences, i am making one for writing things down that stress me out, etc. I think by the time my mission is over, i will have a suitcase full of journals haha.

This week we were able to teach one of our investigators, and his friend that he had invited to come and listen to what we had to teach. It was a cool lesson, and both of them said we could teach them again.

This past wednesday was transfers, and so i drove Sister fox to Pensacola to transfer spots for her to go serve in a new area, and for me to get a new companion. It was funny because at transfer spots, we were able to have a district reunion. Sister Palmer came to Brewton, which is an area that is in my district. Sister Renfro is serving in Pensacola which is in my zone, and Sister Maughan is serving in Mobile still, but they all were at transfer spots, so I was able to talk to them all.

I think i have definitely been blessed to have people put in my path throughout my mission, that are familiar faces. I know that this mission is where i am supposed to be.

My new companion is Sister Baker and she is super sweet. She is also very friendly and loving and has a great desire to do missionary work.

I hope to hear from yall! So please write me a letter!

Love you all!
Love, 
Sister Lewis

Exchanges in Gulf Breeze Transfer

Sis Fox and I

Sister Baker and I

Transfer 3

No comments:

Post a Comment