Monday, April 17, 2017

Miracle can happen when we have faith

Hi Yall!!

This week was so amazing.  We had been praying for miracles and we were able to receive them. We were able to see a few miracles in Pace. One of the miracles was on Thursday night, we went tracting in our Bishop's neighborhood after having dinner at their house. After knocking on many doors, and having many rejections, we were able to finally talk with someone who wanted to know more about our church. 

Another miracle, on Saturday, when we were tracting, we had been knocking on alot of doors and it was the last door we went to knock on, and they let us in their house and we were able to talk to them a little bit about how God is our loving Heavenly Father, and how His gospel blesses families. They invited us to come back again this week. 

Our final miracle of the week was on Sunday. During church I had the name of a potential investigator pop into my brain and so I wrote down her name to go see her instead of this other person we were going to attempt to visit. Then while daily planning, my companion had the same impression to write this potential investigator's name down in the same spot I did. Finally, we were doing our companion study and my companion had the impression to stop half way through and go out and proselyte. Well we were trying to figure out which potential to see first and I decided that we should see the one that we had both written down. When we knocked on her door she came out and talked to us and we were able to teach her the restoration and set up a return appointment. She is so excited to learn more and has mentioned to us that she would love to become a member of the church. 

This week I have gained a testimony that as we have faith that the Lord will provide as long as we are doing His work, we will be able to see blessings happen. I am so grateful for the Savior and for our Heavenly Father. I know that he has guided me to serve a mission and to be able to serve in Pace as my first area so that I could gain this testimony and continue to strengthen that testimony. 

So this past thursday, we were able to go and help out at the Bishop's storehouse. Afterwards, the member that sister Fox and i rode with, they decided to take us out to lunch. So we went to Mcguire's. Mcguire's is this Irish pub where at the end of your meal, you can take a dollar bill and staple it somewhere in the restaurant. There is about 1.8 billion dollars covering the walls of this restaurant. It is so cool!! Anywho, the members wanted me to try calamari (I hate seafood). And so i told them i would try it but if i tried it they would have to take a picture of me eating it as proof. So i ate Calamari for the first time! it wasn't too bad but i won't be eating it again anytime soon.


Also on thursday, we went to knock on this door of a house that we thought a part member family lived at. Well as we pulled into the driveway, one of the kids saw us and so he ran and got his dad. All of them, including the dad had their faces pushed against the window and the were all creepily staring at us as we walked up. It was so awkward!! (Here in the mission field we have a motto: EMBRACE THE AWKWARD!) We got talking with the dad and it turns out that the part member family that used to live there moved. 

This Easter Sunday was a beautiful one. A member gave both me and my companion a card and some money for easter. We also had a member give us easter eggs that were filled with chocolate.  Then we went to a member's house for dinner where they sent us on an easter egg hunt, gave us Ghirardelli chocolate bunnies and sent us home with the remaining amount of the ham that we had for dinner. After dinner, we were able to share a lesson with them ( the mom is not a member). We had shared the "Prince of Peace" video and "None were with Him". We then shared some scriptures. It was such a great lesson. The Spirit was so strong through out it. What made it even more Spiritual is that the dad of the house, bore his testimony to his wife and kids. 

I encourage you all to do as this dad did, bare your testimony for you family as often as possible. Share the spiritual experiences with them that made you where you are today. 

I know that as you do this your family will be strengthened and blessed. I also know that as we strive to become like the Savior, we will become the best person we can be and we will be able to plant seeds in people's lives. I know that this Easter Season is all about the Savior and His Atonement. We would not be able to return to live with our Heavenly Father again if Jesus Christ had not bled from every pore in Gethsemane, suffered on the cross and if He had not been resurrected. I know that Jesus Christ lives and that He loves each and every one of us. I know that He has His arms open wide waiting for us to reach out to Him.

I love you all!! I hope you have a great week!!

Love,
Sister Lewis​




No comments:

Post a Comment